Magerramov B.I., Abbasov G.A., Aslanov B.Sh.
Annotation: over the greater part territory of the Kura and Gabirry interfluvial region, upper Cretaceous deposits reached the oil window stage (MK2 — MK3). Along the formation from older sediments to younger, oil window gradually becomes narrower and reaches its minimum in the Middle Eocene and Maikop sediments. Upper Eocene and Maikop deposits are located on the local areas of the oil window.
Study hydrocarbon properties of these deposits shows that the Maikop deposits are most rich in organic matter and bitumen, and their less content is noted in the Cretaceous deposits. According to the degree of maturity, Chokrak and Maikop deposits are the least mature. Despite the fact that in the Eocene sediments the degree of maturity of organic matter is higher than the Maikop deposits, they do not go beyond the stage of protocatagenesis. The degree of maturity of the Cretaceous deposits is much higher than the Eocene sediments, and corresponds to the beginning stage of coal formation.
As a result of the conducted studies, two main directions of migration have been identified by the Upper Cretaceous and Eocene sediments. One of them is north-to-south migration in the north-western part of the region. Damirtapa-Udabno, Sadjdag, Jahandar and Molladag structures are located on the same direction. The second direction of migration is located in the northeast of the southeastern part of the region and directed from the north to the structures of Agtepe, Boyuk Palantokan, Kollug, Gyurzyundag, Kichik Palantokan and Tarsdallar. Fluids that migrated on these directions possibly accumulated in the anticlinal and non-anticlinal traps encountered in their path.
Paleostructural studies indicate that in the Kura and Gabirry interfluvial region there were appropriate conditions for the formation of non-anticline deposits as well as anticlinal deposits. In the Middle Eocene sediments, structural-lithological type deposits can mainly form on the northeastern flanks of paleostructures. The valleys of ancient rivers and fault traps that are limited with regional and some local faults, traced at a certain distance on base of seismic data, were favorable for the formation of lithological, paleogeomorphological and tectonically-screened types of deposits respective.
Key words: geology, tectonics, lithology, lithofacies, structure, raising, anticline, syncline, overthrust folding, sediment, Mesozoic, Eocene, Cenozoic, Paleogene-Miocene, Maikop.
1. Rustamov R.I., Rzaev M.A., Ahundov Sh.H. Istoriya geologicheskogo razvitiya lokal’nyh struktur Mezhdurech’ya Kury i Iori.
2. Kocharli Sh.S., Gadzhiev F.M., Kuliev G.A. i dr. Novyj tip lovushki nefti v severo-zapadnom Azerbajdzhane // Seriya »Neftegazovaya geologiya i geofizika» KSP-infor. 1991. Vyp. 8. S.9-12.
3. Sulejmanov A.M., Zejnalov R.L., Magerramov B.I. Paleostrukturnyj analiz i neftegazonosnost’ otlozhenij mezozojskogo kompleksa Kurinskogo mezhgornogo progiba // Nauchnye trudy Azerbajdzhanskogo gosudarstvennogo nauchno-issledovatel’skogo i proektnogo instituta neftegazovoj promyshlennosti. 2005. № 5. S.14-21.
4. Averbuh B.M., Babaev R.Ya. K razvedke ehoceno-verhnemelovyh otlozhenij v Mezhdurech’e Kury i Iori // Azerbajdzhanskoe neftyanoe hozyajstvo. 1978. № 9.
5. Magerramov B.I., Agazade B.G. Paleostrukturnyj analiz i neftegazonosnost’ otlozhenij kajnozojskogo kompleksa mezhdurech’ya Kury i Gabyrry // Nauchnye trudy Instituta Nauchnyh issledovanij GNKAR. 2009. № 12. S. 30-38.
6. Sulejmanov A.M., Zejnalov R.L., Magerramov B.I. Paleotektonicheskie i paleogeograficheskie osnovy perspektivy neftegazonosnosti paleogen-nizhnemiocenovyh otlozhenij mezhdurech’ya Kury i Gabyrry // Azerbajdzhanskoe neftyanoe hozyajstvo. 2006. №4. S. 1-7.
7. Aliev A.K., YUsifov H.M. i dr. O tektonicheskih osobennostyah i dal’nejshih perspektivah Mezhdurech’ya Kury i Iori // Sb. tr. AzNIPInefti. Baku, 1988. S. 26-36.
8. Cimel’zon I.O., Amiraslanov T.S. Tektonika paleogen-mezozojskogo kompleksa otlozhenij Mezhdurech’ya Kury i Iori // ANH. 1977. № 1.
Magerramov B.I., Abbasov G.A., Aslanov B.Sh., 2018. Generation and accumulation zones of hydrocarbons in Kura and Gabirry interfluvial region (Azerbaijan). Vector of Geosciences. 1(3): 27-33.